Lucifour M is a four-piece band whose multifaceted and multidimensional music features many references to cinematic works. Thus, the four musicians point to parallels between the stylistic devices of director Bruno Dumont and their own musical approach which they like to resume as follows: “It’s like standing on the verge of abyss, as if peering deeply into the eyes of the impossible.” Furthermore, the story behind the development of the band’s name has strong connections to the film “Lucifer Rising” by director Kenneth Anger. Still, the band mentions Pink Floyd’s song “Lucifer Sam” as main inspiration when it comes to the foundation myth of Lucifour M. All this reveals how wide the band’s cosmos is and how much they defy classic genre associations. Additionally, the quartet’s name works as an allusion to the fact that all four members’ forenames start with the letter ‘M’.
The two musicians Michele Ducci and Marco Frattini have already been playing together as “M+A” for a while when they had the chance to perform as opening act for Bryan Ferry at Glastonbury Festival. It was there in the backstage that the idea of founding Lucifour M as a full band came into being when Ducci played new sketches of songs to Frattini. In the further course
Michele Manzo (bass, guitar and keys) und Mattia Dallara (samplers and keys) should come to the project and complete the band as a quartet.
The main recordings of Lucifour M’s debut EP “L4M” which will be released on Sonar Kollektiv in September 2019 have been made in spring 2018 within the scope of three extensive studio sessions where the four have recorded live versions of their jamming and playing. Subsequently, they further edited these parts until all the music material connected organically as two full concept EPs.
All four members of the band can count on a solid and strong experience in both production and live performances.
Singer, composer and author
• With his first band “M + A” he performed one of the three main stages at Glastonbury Festival as open act for Brian Ferry.
• He collaborated with Jamiroquai and MGMT.
• With “M+A” he performed lots of prestigious venues. Amongst them an exclusive live at the Venice Biennale and the Guggenheim Museum.
• In 2016 his band “M+A” was mentioned by the Guardian as “Band news of the year”.
• In 2017 – in Mark Ronson’s studio – the duo “M + A” gives life to a new project: Santii, which mixes European club electronics with Hip Hop.
• Santii’s two records – S01 and S02 – feature Young Lean (already producer for Drake), Rejjie Snow and Mick Jenkins.
• These two records will be released on the compilation of legendary French label Kitsune and will be selected by Martin Garrix in the “Martin Garrix Show”.
• Michele worked as author for Sugar, maybe the most popular label in Italy which have been home to artists such as Ennio Morricone and Giorgio Moroder amongst many others.
Musician, producer, sound engineer
• He can count many and diverse experiences in music production and electronic music both in studio and in live performances.
• He got deeper into live electronics, synthesis and sampling. All these elements he always approaches in a very musical and artistic way.
• Latest releases:
◦ Daniele Baldelli_Cosmic Temple 1,2,3 (Cinedelic/Mondo Groove) as co-writer, producer and mix engineer
◦ Amycanbe_Wolf (Open prod) as musician, writer, producer and mix engineer
◦ Double Dee_Beautiful Day (Airplane records) as writer and producer
◦ Ratko Zjaka/Antonio Sanchez (In+out records) as recording & mixing engineer
◦ Primitive Art_Crab Suite (Arcola/Warp Records) as mix engineer
• Latest gigs:
◦ Blue Marlin_with Mash Machine (Ibiza)
◦ Indie Club_with Mash Machine (Beirut)
◦ Iris Club_with Mash Machine (Dubai)
◦ Formula 1_Pharrell Williams opening act (Abu Dhabi)
◦ I Days_Radiohead opening act (Milan)
◦ BekyBay_Morcheeba opening act (Rimini)
◦ Montreal Film Festival_with Zapruder FilmMakerGroups (Montreal)
◦ Wiesen Festival_with Jestofunk (Wiesen)
• In production:
◦ Mack_Album (Irma records)
◦ Amycanbe_Album (Open prod)
◦ Lucifour M_Album (Sonar Kollektiv)
◦ Orange Combutta_Album (4AD records)
Michele Manzo is active as a bass player, producer, guitar player
• His background is deeply rooted in jazz while at the same time he worked with luminaries of the hip-hop and funk scene such as Georgia Anne Muldrow, Dudley Perkins aka Declaime, Illa J, Frank Nitt and J-LIVE.
• In 2018 he toured with the UK Soul legend Omar Lye-Fook.
• Right after the Tour with Omar he also had a short tour with Amalia (Tokyo Dawn Records).
• Michele has worked and released with international labels such as Sonar Kollektiv (Berlin), Fuzzoscope (LA, California), Inner Ocean Records (Canada).
• In 2019 he released his solo album “Burning Chrome” on Angis Music.
Drummer and band leader of Mack
• He’s on demand as one of the most respected drummers in Italy.
• His ability to always keep the beat solid and groovy whatever is the genre or style had him performing at festivals and clubs with artists such as George Garzone, Howard Levy, Omar Lye-Fook, Joseph Bowie, Karen Asatrian, Gianmaria Testa, M+A, The Mixtapers, Marco Sabiu, C’mon Tigre and many many others.
• He has contributed to up to 50 studio recordings and television productions like MTV Days, Rai 2 Serata Tenco, Rai 3 Gazebo.
• He’s the band leader of the ‘Jazz-Hop’ Project MACK and his modern Jazz trio “Marco Frattini Empty Music”.
• He has performed at prestigious festivals all over Europe: Glastonbury Festival, Babel Med, Roskilde Festival, Norwich Sound & Vision, Eurosonic Festival, Simple Thing Festival, MTV Days, Reeperbahn Festival, iDays, Nitra Jazz Festival, just to name a few.